If you are interested, please send your CV + photo with a cover letter to:
ISC is searching for a Junior Policy Research Analyst. This is a remunerated internship for 9 months with a view to a permanent position.
* Monitoring and analysing legislation and initiatives taken at EU level as well as related EU national programmes in areas such as Research and Innovation, Energy, Intellectual Property, Environment, Agriculture, Transport, etc.
* Writing policy reports on the developments in the above-mentioned areas.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of existing government policies and programs.
* Engage with stakeholders in government, the private sector and academia.
* Following up relevant European Parliament Committees, visiting European Commission officials.
* Analysing European Union calls for proposals and tenders.
* Assist in drafting and updating of work plans and progress reports
* Support the preparation of project teams and stakeholder meetings.
* Excellent research and analytic skills: attention to detail and accuracy in data analysis.
* Strong oral and writing skills: ability to summarize and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively.
* Excellent IT skills particularly in the use of Microsoft office packages.
* Graduate degree in, public policy or a related field.
* Knowledge of policy processes/positions of the European Union.
* Fluency in written and oral English.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working in teams.
This is a new position and we are looking for a team player with the vision and skills to play a big part in communications activities of ISC. You will be responsible for managing communications activity across European Media. You will be involved in developing a wide range of communications strategies, events, PR and managing our publicity material.
Degree educated and relevant experience in marketing communications or PR is a must. Added to this will be the passion, creativity and initiative needed to drive us forward. You will also be an exceptional communicator and a self-starter, with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines. You must be able to demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills. Excellent English writing/speaking.